1. Keep all four wheels on the ground.
2. Keep hands clear of wheel spokes when maneuvering.
3. Use appropriate gloves if you are maneuvering by yourself or assisting someone.
4. For a smooth ride, please avoid surfaces that will jolt the foot pedals or the footplates. You do not want to be thrown out of the chair!
5. Be ware of steep gradients. Know your limitations as well as your strength. If you are assisting a wheelchair user it may be best to proceed in reverse in the steepest parts of any outdoor outing.
6. Use the breaks frequently to control speed. Never build up too much speed.
7. When going up a steep gradient, it is safest to proceed backwards. It gives you more control. If you go forwards you may find the front wheels lifting of the surface because of the distribution of weight in the wheelchair.